Participants will use a structured and systematic approach to evaluate the credit standing of a company and assess the relative attractiveness of the risk-return profile of the investing / lending proposition. This is a highly interactive workshop where case studies and exercises are used to illustrate key learning points. A case study presentation will form part of the workshop allowing participants to apply the concepts acquired during the workshop to a real-life scenario. Participants are encouraged to be focused and concise in developing and articulating credit judgement.
Specifically, participants will learn to:
- Apply a structured approach to assess the creditworthiness of a borrower
- Evaluate the performance of a company based on qualitative and quantitative frameworks and tools
- Use appropriate market indicators, where available to understand refinancing risk and the market view on a credit
- Identify the key factors that drive a company's future performance and evaluate the likely impact on its credit standing
- Use a cash flow approach to ascertain a company's ability to service/refinance its debt as it comes due
- Review debt structures to assess to what extent they meet the commercial needs of the borrower and protect the lender's interests
Fixed income professionals, corporate bankers and analysts, corporate risk underwriters and other finance professionals working in credit risk management and credit products areas, including relationship management and debt origination.
Participants should have a firm grasp of accounting and be familiar with basic credit concepts before attending this programme. The two-day Introduction to Corporate Financial Statements is designed as a preparation for those with limited accounting and banking experience.
In each course day the price includes:
Morning Coffee 08:30 to 09:00
Training 09:00 to 10:30
Morning Coffee-Break 10:30 to 10:45
Training 10:45 to 12:30
Executive Lunch 12:30 to 13:30
Training 13:30 to 15:30
Afternoon Coffee-Break 15:30 to 15:45
Training 15:45 to 17:30
Complementary Water and Soft drinks during the whole day.
Courses are delivered in English language. Delivery in Portuguese or Spanish is possible if there is a minimum of 8 participants (at request).